DOWNLOAD THE FULL RECIPE HERE
- Cut the final end of asparagus and peel ¾, then cut pieces of approx. 1 cm and do not cut the asparagus tips;
- Cook the asparagus pieces and tips in salted water;
- Steam the shallots in olive oil;
- Add the washed Loto risotto and fry it for a moment;
- Add the white Merlot wine and reduce slightly;
- Step by step add the asparagus fond/vegetable bouillon, stir constantly cook for approx. 12-15 minutes and add salt and pepper;
- When the risotto is al dente remove it from the heat, add asparagus, butter, mascarpone and grated parmesan;
- Let it rest for 2-3 minutes, if necessary add spices. To conclude add the peel and juice of Yuzu lemon;
- This is a very important step, so it maintains its consistency and has to be al dente!
- Serve the risotto in hot plates and garnish with the asparagus tips and spring herbs.
Parmesan chips as garnishing.
A recipe by Mattias Roock, chef at Locanda Barbarossa restaurant at Castello del Sole Hotel in Ascona.
Foto © Copyright Castello del Sole
- TYPICAL PRODUCTS Specialties