DOWNLOAD THE FULL RECIPE HERE
- Prepare a low casserole with the Merlot, sugar and spices;
- Peel the apples and cut them in two, remove the core with the help of an apple corer and put them in the casserole with the wine;
- Bring the apples to the boil in the wine, reduce the temperature and poach the apples for as long as necessary;
- Once cooked, put them to cool in about half of the cooking liquid;
- Bring the rest of the cooking liquid to the boil and bind it with corn starch diluted in cold water, drain and leave to cool;
- Drain the apples, cut them fan-shaped, and before serving them, add a little bit of thickened cooking liquid to polish them.
- For small quantities use a casserole pan of the appropriate size;
- If, once cold, the cooking base should be too thick, dilute it with a little of the cooking liquid in which the apples were.
A typical traditional recipe from Ticino reworked by SSSAT (Swiss Italian Tourism and Hotel Management School of Bellinzona).
- TYPICAL PRODUCTS Wine