DOWNLOAD THE FULL RECIPE HERE
- Carve Ramati tomatoes and blanch in salted water for 10 seconds, rinse in ice water and remove skin. Then season with salt, pepper, garlic and basil leaves.
- Dry in the oven at 80 degrees for 2 hours.
- Cut everything into small cubes add roasted pine nuts and Balsamico Dark, add salt if necessary.
Preparation Tomato Cream:
- Stew the Pelati tomatoes slowly in a pot until no more liquid is left.
- Mix with a hand blender. Season with salt and olive oil.
Preparation Tomato Water for Tomato Stock:
- Use the tomato pulp for the tomato water, add cherry tomatoes, marinate with salt, Mazzetti vinegar, olive oil, a pinch of pepper, basil leaves and half an onion.
- Steep for 15 minutes, then mix with a hand blender and strain.
Preparation Tomato Stock:
- Mix the tomato water with the remaining ingredients for the tomato stock and boil down to half.
- When everything is reduced to half, then strain again.
Preparation Avocado Cream:
Stir all ingredients until creamy.
Arrange the Tomato Tatar on a plate and decorate with Tomato Cream, Avocado Cream as well as various herbs. Pour the tomato stock into the plate as a base.
A recipe by Marco Campanella, chef at the La Brezza Restaurant of the Hotel Eden Roc Ascona.
Foto © Tschuggen Hotel Group
- TYPICAL PRODUCTS Specialties