Sacro Monte and Church of S. Maria Addolorata
The Sacro Monte (Sacred Mountain) complex is formed by the S. Maria Addolorata sanctuary and by the Stations of the Cross leading up to it. The complex was commissioned by Antonio Francesco Branca, who enlarged an already existing place of worship between 1767 and 1773. Branca also owned the building by the same name in the center of town, now called Palazzo Branca-Baccalà. Despite having l...
|ARCHITECTURE||Ancient and religious architecture|