Ingredients for 5-6 persons:
- 500 g potatoes
- 500 g short pasta
- 150 g butter
- 150-200 g (plenty!) grated alpine cheese (leftovers are also fine) mixed with parmesan cheese
- 2 large blond onions
- a few sage leaves (optional)
- 1 dl dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- fried onion, dried (optional)
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into not too small chunks and cook them in plenty of salted water for about 10 minutes.
- Then add the pasta to the same pot and finish cooking.
- Alternatively, you can cook the potatoes and pasta separately.
- In the meantime, clean and chop the onions not too finely and brown them in a non-stick pan with a third of the butter, the sage and a pinch of salt.
- Continue frying for a few minutes over a moderate heat until they are golden brown.
- At this point, turn up the heat slightly and pour in the dry white wine, cook for a few more minutes until the wine has almost completely evaporated.
- When the pasta and potatoes are cooked, drain and place on a warm serving plate.
- Add the remaining butter and grated cheese and then pour over the hot, still sizzling onion mixture.
- Finish with a generous grinding of pepper.
- Stir everything together until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Serve piping hot.
- If desired, sprinkle with dried fried onion.
- TYPICAL PRODUCTS Specialties