DOWNLOAD THE FULL RECIPE HERE
- Tie the meat if necessary;
- Make up the bouquet garni with cloves, juniper, pepper and bay leaves;
- Quickly blanch the porcini mushrooms in salted hot water and place them on a plate to cool;
- Chop the porcini to taste and leave them somewhere cool for later;
- Salt the meat;
- Heat the oil in a braising pan and brown the meat;
- Remove the meat from the braising pan and degrease;
- Add the mirepoix and allow it to soften;
- Add the tomato puree and leave to reduce;
- Put the meat back in the pan and deglaze with the red wine;
- Leave to reduce to a glaze;
- Add the bouquet garni;
- Pour over the beef stock;
- Cover and braise in the oven for approx. 1 hour and 30 minutes – 2 hours (200 °C for the first 30 minutes and then 180 °C);
- Once cooking is complete, remove the meat (keeping it somewhere warm) and the bouquet garni. If required, mix the sauce, pass it through a sieve and finish it to taste;
- Check the consistency and thicken with a little corn flour if required;
- Add the chopped, salted and peppered mushrooms to the sauce.
Slice the meat and arrange it on the plate, covering it with the sauce.
A recipe reworked by the SSSAT (Swiss Italian Tourism and Hotel Management School of Bellinzona).
- TYPICAL PRODUCTS Cold cuts , Specialties