An environmentally friendly day in Airolo!
On August 31st Valbianca organizes a waste collection action on the ski slopes of Airolo.
This action is part of the Clean-Up Tour 2019, an event organized for the first time in collaboration with the NGO Summit Foundation of Vevey, which has been working for 19 years for the protection of the environment, especially in the mountains.
The Clean-Up Tour: a national event for the cleaning of the Swiss mountains
For several years now, waste collection operations have flourished in many mountain destinations. However, the problem of waste at high altitudes is still relevant. To promote these actions on a national scale, the Summit Foundation has created a major tour to bring these waste collection days together under one flag. The Clean-up Tour thus serves to develop public interest and awareness in the protection of the Swiss mountains.
PROGRAM AND REGISTRATION
- 9.00: meeting at the Bar La Chièuna: breakfast, presentation of the day, distribution of equipment and composition of the groups
- 9.45: departure of the groups on the areas to be cleaned
- 12.00: lunch at the Restaurant Pesciüm
- 13.00: departure for the second stage of the collection
- 15.30: descent to the valley with the garbage bags.
- 16.30: separate collection, photo and weighing of waste, final group photo and snack at Chièuna