Most of the rivers and lakes in Canton Ticino are attractive to tourists not only for their natural beauty but are also the perfect place to relax and participate in a number of outdoor activities such as swimming, canyoning, canoeing, and scuba diving. However, these waters can be potentially dangerous even for experts. Unpredicted rise of water levels due to rain, freezing temperatures, slippery rocks, strong currents, whirlpools, and waterfalls…. are all dangers that should be taken seriously especially when children are involved. Even a simple and pleasurable outing could turn into a terrible tragedy if someone is negligent or acts irresponsibly.
For your safety
- never camp near rivers
- check on weather reports before you go
- pay special attention to the area
- listen to recommendations or warnings from locals
- watch for warning signs regarding the opening of dams.
Be careful and use common sense!
- VENUES Canoeing , Canyoning , Scuba diving