The Palagnedra Forest Reserve occupies part of the large Centovalli forest, which well deserves its name (meaning one hundred valleys). It is dominated by beech woodland, typically almost entirely lacking in undergrowth. The seasonal colour changes are truly spectacular, from the soft green of the newly unfurled leaves in spring to the reddish brown hues of autumn. Another tree is the Norway spruce, with a number of specimens that have grown to a majestic size, with long downward sloping branches.
- Area: 645 hectares
- Altitude: 540-2,188 m a.s.l.
- Main trees: beech and Norway spruce
- Year of institution: 2007
- Owners: Patriziato di Palagnedra and Rasa
- Period: May - October. The Palagnedra Forest Reserve is equipped with a network of 14 km of trails.
- It is recommended to follow the marked trails; those in the upper part require expertise. Mountain equipment is necessary.
- Guided tours are available on request.
- VENUES Eco-friendly
- PARKS AND GARDENS Natural parks