DOWNLOAD THE FULL RECIPE HERE
- Wash, clean, peal and chop the vegetables into thin strips (à la julienne but slightly bigger);
- Salt the whitefish fillets and coat them in a thin layer of flour (just before frying);
- Fry them in peanut oil in a Lyonnaise-style frying pan and then place them in a saucepan (5 cm high) with the skin facing upwards;
- Stew the vegetables in the olive oil;
- Add the vinegar, white wine and water;
- Boil for a few minutes and season with salt and pepper;
- Pour the marinade over the fish (keeping the vegetables to one side), cover with clingfilm and leave to marinate for at least two hours (store in the fridge if it is not going to be used straight away).
- Dress the whitefish fillets with a few vegetables and a spoonful of marinade and decorate with the salad leaves tossed in the Italian dressing.
N.B. The fillets can also be served at room temperature or even slightly warm.
A typical traditional recipe from Ticino reworked by SSSAT (Swiss Italian Tourism and Hotel Management School of Bellinzona).