DOWNLOAD THE FULL RECIPE HERE
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks then place in the fridge;
- Put the semifreddo moulds in the freezer;
- Place the eggs, sugar and honey in a metal bowl and whip together over a hot bain-marie (max. 50 °C) as you would for zabaglione;
- Add the farina bóna;
- Continue to whip it cold with an electric whisk until the mixture is well-developed and cold;
- Incorporate the whipped cream gently;
- Pour the entire mixture into the chilled moulds that were previously placed in the freezer;
- Allow the semifreddo to rest in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
Place the semifreddo on a plate and decorate as desired.
A typical traditional recipe from Ticino reworked by SSSAT (Swiss Italian Tourism and Hotel Management School of Bellinzona).
- TYPICAL PRODUCTS Specialties