- Clean the octopus under running water, in a saucepan with lid, pour the extra virgin olive oil and place inside the octopus with laurel, parsley stems, onion, clove of garlic;
- Cover and put on medium heat;
- Cook for about 90 minutes checking that it does not stick, stirring gently but without adding any liquid.
Tip: The octopus is cooked when the tips are tender to the touch. Leave to temper in the closed pot and then clean the tentacles removing the suction cups. Cut into bites and set aside.
Preparation pumpkin hummus:
- Blend the cooked chickpeas with water and pumpkin puree in an immersion mixer;
- Whip the puree with the oils and tahine and lemon juice;
- Adjust to taste and transfer into a pastry bag.
- Quickly sauté the octopus bites, sprinkle with parsley and espelette;
- Make 7 spikes with the pumpkin hummus, place the octopus bites on top;
- Garnish with salad leaves and pumpkin seeds.
A recipe by Teo Chiaravallotti.