DOWNLOAD THE FULL RECIPE HERE
- If the icing sugar has lumps, sieve it;
- Mix cinnamon with almonds;
- Whip the egg whites until stiff;
- Add the icing sugar and work with a spatula;
- Combine the rest of the ingredients, working the dough first with a spatula and then by hand, until a homogeneous dough is obtained;
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 8-10 mm;
- Cut the stars, put them on baking trays and brush them with the icing (which should be prepared as a first step in the preparation of the biscuits);
- Leave to dry in the fridge for one night;
- Bake for 3 minutes at 200 °C with the oven door open.
A typical traditional recipe from Ticino reworked by SSSAT (Swiss Italian Tourism and Hotel Management School of Bellinzona).