The church of St. John the Baptist is already mentioned in 1204, but, greatly compromised by a fire in 1762, was completely rebuilt between 1778 and 1784. The bell tower dates back to 1925. The interior, with a large square nave covered by three bays, is soberly decorated with stuccoes in rococo and neoclassical style of Braga and Galetti. The high altar is in polished stucco, the work of Grazioso Rusca da Rancate. The frontal in scagliola is by Francesco Solari of Verna. The inlaid balustrades in Arzo marble, which enclose the presbytery and the chapels, are the work of Gerolamo Caroni da Rancate. The paintings on the walls of the presbytery, depicting scenes from the life of the Baptist, are by Giuseppe Rezzonico da Lugano (1780).