The Center of Alpine Biology (CBA), a facility located at 2'000 m a.s.l. (approx. 6’000 ft), includes modern and fully equipped research laboratories. It was created, thanks to the joint cultural and financial contributions of the Federal and Cantonal authorities, by the Universities of Geneva and Zürich, and by the Guild of the Boggesi of Piora. The structure facilitates field research of biologists, geologists and natural and environmental sciences students. Moreover, it offers the right conditions for hands-on natural history and environmental education.
While giving priority to university courses, the Center is also open to other schools and it is suitable for courses in alpine ecology and hydrobiology, living nature, as well as laboratory work, seminars, workshops and conferences. The contents of scientific and educational courses must be determined by the organizing institutions or universities.
- For only touring the Center (groups, organizations, associations, etc.) depending on the availability of CBA employees. / Donation.
- Accompaniment through the didactic trail of Lake Ritom and an illustrative visit to the CBA; duration ca. 3 hours (flat path) / CHF 200.- / meeting at the Ritom dam.
- Accompaniment through the Didactic path in the Piora Valley “Getting to know microbes around Lake Cadagno” with an illustrative visit to the CBA; duration ca. 2 hours (flat path) / CHF 200.- / meeting at CBA.
- In July, for the Piora Alp feast, the Center organizes an open doors day.
Open from June to October.
- MUSEUMS Natural science museums