This more than 300-year old Ticino house, once the seat of the bailiffs, is situated in the historic village centre of Sornico (Val Lavizzara/Maggia valley, Switzerland). In this large house, you can experience the typical Ticino atmosphere: winding stairs, both small and large rooms, an old fireplace, soapstone and pizza oven. Small terrace, lawn, party benches and tables. Also the surroundings are typical for the Ticino: sunbathing and splashing around in the pools of the nearby Maggia river; meadow landscapes and primeval chestnut forests are ideal for hikes and explorations; looking for and working soapstone under experienced guidance; a variety of excursions. Shopping in the store of the neighbouring village of Menzonio (home delivery service when pre-ordered) and in the small shop La Botega in Sornico. Accessible by public transport (train and postal bus); the postal bus stop is 3 minutes from the house. The house is open all year round and can be subdivided into two parts that can also be rented separately. 1. hole House (31 beds) 2. House without the attic (16 beds
Partner Ticino Ticket
Overnighting here you receive the Ticino Ticket which includes free public transport in the entire Canton, every single day of your stay. It further offers advantages on the access to cable cars, navigations and main tourist attractions of the Ticino.
- SIZE Number rooms: 7, Number of beds: 19
- LOCATION A few minutes from the lake and river , Central , In the mountains , Quiet , Close to the bus stop
- SERVICES Animals allowed , Open in Winter , Linens provided
- VENUES Suitable for families , Accommodation for groups
- FACILITIES Shower , Children's bed , Use of the kitchen area , Heating , Wi-Fi (paying)