Located on the shores of Lake Lugano, at the feet of Mount San Giorgio, Grotto Pojana is the ideal place where to enjoy true ticinese cuisine.
Run by Antonella and Renato Bordogna, it offers a selection of traditional dishes that take you back in time and to forgotten tastes, pure and genuine. The Grotto’s cellar offers a wide selection of local and Italian wines.
The Grotto Pojana has been fully refurbished in 2008, and now offers:
- A room with verandah which can hold up to 65 eople
- A private room on the first floor for up to 35 people
- About 60 al fresco seating under a vine pergola
Ideal venue for banquets, business meals, family reunions or just a romantic dinner.
Parking space available and mooring for motorboats.
Renato Bordogna belongs to the Swiss Guild of Restaurateurs and cooks, an association of professionals dedicated to the gastronomic field. The Grotto Pojana is also part of the Monte San Giorgio restaurateurs Association.
Tradition and authenticity are the leading theme of the Grotto’s culinary proposals.
Salami, hams, dry meats, cheeses and fresh cheeses all produced locally. Risotto, gnocchi, home-made pasta, sweet-water fish, meat and mushrooms are only some of the items that are always available in our offers.
Last but not least delicious desserts and cakes lovingly prepared by our chefs.
- TYPE OF VENUE Grotto
- TYPE OF CUISINE Italian , Ticinese
- ASSOCIATIONS AND CATEGORIES GastroSuisse , GastroTicino
- LOCATION Lakeside , Quiet , Close to the bus stop , View on the lake , Panoramic view
- SERVICES Main credit cards accepted
- VENUES Suitable for families , Private parking , Wharf - mooring , Balcony
- FACILITIES Free Wi-Fi