The grotto Cavicc is known as one of the favourites places of Literature Nobel Prize Hermann Hesse, who loved to retire in this green corner of the green up on Collina d’oro. In this ancient grotto, for over 30 years the family Bertoldi cooks with passion and hospitality.
Among the simple and tasty dishes from the region, you can enjoy cold cuts and cheese platters, soup, polenta with buckwheat, knuckle of pork, porcini mushrooms, etc. On the grill, every day you will find pork ribs, chicken, beef, colt, steaks and rib-eye. Desserts include ice cream with walnuts with walnut, warm berries with vanilla ice cream, chocolate cake and much more.
From late March to late October.
Open every day during the months of June, July and August.
Closed on Tuesdays the other months.
- TYPE OF VENUE Grotto , Restaurant
- TYPE OF CUISINE Ticinese
- ASSOCIATIONS AND CATEGORIES GastroTicino
- LOCATION On the hill , Quiet , Close to Lugano Airport , Close to the bus stop
- GUIDES Michelin
- SERVICES Main credit cards accepted , Animals allowed
- VENUES Suitable for families , Garden , Private parking , Balcony