The hotel was built in 1910 by my great grandfather Lorenzo Guzzi (1847 – 1927). At that time it was called “Hotel de la gare”.
On Lorenzo’s death, the hotel passed to my grandfather Arturo Guzzi (1885 – 1946).
On December 21, 1946 the company Sassigrossi SA bought it for Fr. 70'000.- and changed its name into “Albergo Monteforno”.
During the 50ties, a new room has been added to be used as the so-called “Cinema Fax”.
When TV arrived, the room was converted into a ballroom and used especially during fabulous carnival parties.
The same room has been again renovated in the 90ties and transformed into a disco.
On December 19, 1997 the hotel has returned to my family, bought my father Alberto Guzzi (1919 – 2008). The name is again the original one, although in Italian “Albergo Stazione”.
Partner Ticino Ticket
Overnighting here you receive the Ticino Ticket which includes free public transport in the entire Canton, every single day of your stay. It further offers advantages on the access to cable cars, navigations and main tourist attractions of the Ticino.
- SIZE Number rooms: 19, Number of beds: 30
- ASSOCIATIONS AND CATEGORIES GastroTicino
- LOCATION Central , Close to the railway station
- SERVICES Main credit cards accepted , Open in Winter
- VENUES Suitable for families , Lift , Private parking
- FACILITIES Rooms with private bathroom , Heating , TV , free Wi-Fi