The hotel was built in 1910 by my great grandfather Lorenzo Guzzi (1847 – 1927). At that time it was called “Hotel de la gare”.
On Lorenzo’s death, the hotel passed to my grandfather Arturo Guzzi (1885 – 1946).
On December 21, 1946 the company Sassigrossi SA bought it for Fr. 70'000.- and changed its name into “Albergo Monteforno”.
During the 50ties, a new room has been added to be used as the so-called “Cinema Fax”.
When TV arrived, the room was converted into a ballroom and used especially during fabulous carnival parties.
The same room has been again renovated in the 90ties and transformed into a disco.
On December 19, 1997 the hotel has returned to my family, bought my father Alberto Guzzi (1919 – 2008). The name is again the original one, although in Italian “Albergo Stazione”.
- SIZE Number rooms: 19, Number of beds: 30
- ASSOCIATIONS AND CATEGORIES GastroTicino
- LOCATION Central , Close to the railway station
- SERVICES Main credit cards accepted , Open in Winter
- VENUES Suitable for families , Lift , Private parking
- FACILITIES Rooms with private bathroom , free Wi-Fi , Heating , TV