Since 1906: hospitality and historic charm nestled among the city, arts and lake
Situated in a prime location between the lakeside promenade, the restaurants, cafes, elegant boutiques of Via Nassa and the prestigious LAC, Lugano Arte e Cultura, the Hotel International au Lac and the Schmid family welcome you with:
• rooms with an intimate atmosphere, individually decorated, ranging from classic to elegant styles
• a rich and varied buffet breakfast, served from 6.30 to 11.30 a.m.
• a lounge bar where you can relax over an aperitif or enjoy a snack
• a lush garden with a swimming pool and a recreation area for all ages
• a mini-museum with the history of the hotel from 1906 onwards
• 36 spaces in the hotel’s underground car park
The hotel was given the honorary distinction of “Historical hotel worthy of special mention” by UNESCO following a decision by the ICOMOS jury, as recognition of its historical value.
Open from Easter until the end of October.
Partner Ticino Ticket
Overnighting here you receive the Ticino Ticket which includes free public transport in the entire Canton, every single day of your stay. It further offers advantages on the access to cable cars, navigations and main tourist attractions of the Ticino.
- SIZE Number rooms: 80, Number of beds: 120
- ASSOCIATIONS AND CATEGORIES Hotelleriesuisse
- HOTELLERIESUISSE Quality label Q
- LOCATION Central , Lakeside , Close to Lugano Airport , Close to the bus stop , Close to the railway station , View on the lake , Panoramic view
- SERVICES Main credit cards accepted , Animals allowed , Bar - Snack bar
- SPORTS AND WELLBEING Outdoor pool
- VENUES Suitable for families , Accommodation for groups , Lift , Private garage , Garden - Lawn , Historical monument , Private parking , Meeting room , Suitable for conferences, seminars (technical equipment on request) and banquets
- FACILITIES Air conditioning , Bathroom , Rooms with private bathroom , Telephone , TV , Free Wi-Fi