Your host Monika Gmür makes dreams come true in ‘Casa Martinelli’.
The ‘Casa Martinelli’ is ideally located, offering both the tranquillity of the rugged Maggia valley and easy access to the holiday destinations of Ascona and Locarno at the lake ‘Maggiore’. The house is over 300 years old and sits in a quiet, accessible and protected valley of meadows and forests. The well-known architect Luigi Snozzi harmoniously linked a new block of comfortable guest accommodation with the lovingly restored 17th century stone building. The backdrop features a romantic church and the ‘Salto’ waterfall, which tumbles down from majestic heights into a natural clear pool, inspiring swimmers and divers alike.
In the evenings Monika’s guests like meeting up for a night cap in the vaulted Cantina or under a starry sky. Thus days draw to a close enveloped by the murmur of the waterfall and the singing of cicadas in the meadows, and your stay becomes a truly unforgettable dream.
All rooms have en-suite bathrooms
- SIZE Number rooms: 10, Number of beds: 18
- ASSOCIATIONS AND CATEGORIES Hotelleriesuisse
- HOTELLERIESUISSE Unique Hotel
- LOCATION Central , Quiet
- SERVICES Main credit cards accepted
- VENUES Business - Conference centre , Garden - Lawn , Historical monument , Private parking , Meeting room
- FACILITIES Rooms with private bathroom , Shower , Minibar , Radio , TV , Free Wi-Fi