Processions of the Holy Week and Trasparenti: guided tour on Maundy Thursday and Good Friday
During the Easter period the streets of Mendrisio's old town become an open-air museum. The large transparencies that characterise Mendrisio's Holy Week Processions are displayed and tell the story of a living tradition that was inscribed on the UNESCO Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in 2019.
The guided tour (1h30) will introduce the discovery of this living tradition and the painting technique used to create the large, unique translucent paintings. A rich and exciting experience that will allow you to understand the value of the tradition that has allowed the Mendrisio Holy Week Processions to reach the present day.
- Thursday, 06.04.2023: 16:00 Guided tour in Italian
- Thursday, 06.04.2023: 17:30 Guided tour in German
- Friday, 07.04.2023: 16:00 Guided tour in German
- Friday, 07.04.2023: 17:30 Guided tour in Italian
Cost of the guided tour: CHF 15.00 p.p. (to be paid by bank transfer in advance).
The number of participants is limited. Reservation required via online form.
The visit takes place in all weather conditions.
- OPENING Thu... Fri: 16:00
- CATEGORIES Local festivals