In 2012 Claudio Tamborini received the prestigious title of "Winemaker of the Year". A pioneer of quality, he made a decisive contribution to shaping the Ticino "wine prodigy".
Founded in 1944 as an import company, in 1978 Claudio Tamborini bought vineyards to produce his own wines. Now Tamborini manages 27 hectares of vineyards in different location (Comano, Lamone, Gudo, Castelrotto, Neggio, Porza) and buy grapes from 70 winegrowers.
The wine assortment is widely diversified and divided into different wine lines; in addition to Mer-lot like the prestigious Comano and SanZeno Costamagna Riserva, we quote about the ESPE line; "experiences" line is the result of new winemaking techniques: ESPE N. 5 is a Merlot vinified in white according to the hyperoxidation method, ESPE N.6 is the “Witouth Merlot” wine and ESPE N.7 is Arinarnoa in purity.
Furthermore, Tamborini has begun the production of PiWi ("pilzwiderstandsfähig") wines, which come from grapes which require fewer treatments because they are more resistant to fungal dis-eases. This demonstrates a look to the future towards environmental sustainability.
The company has new projects "in cellar": new vines and new winemaking methods, which will lead to new wines always respectful to "terroir", an entity that goes beyond the land on which a vineyard lies, the natural, physical and chemical conditions; by terroir we mean the interaction be-tween multiple factors, which includes the winegrowers and consumers of the product, in other words the human value.
The wine shop has over 500 labels ranging from Tamborini wines, French and Spanish wines, great Italian wines, champagne, spirits and a selection of rare whiskies.
Some Tamborini wines
- SanZeno Costamagna Riserva, Ticino Doc Merlot
- SanZeno Mosaico, Bianco Ticino Doc
- SanZeno Venti
- Comano, Riserva, Ticino Doc Merlot
- Vignavecchia, Ticino Doc Merlot
- Castelrotto, Ticino Doc Merlot, Barrique
- Vallombrosa, Ticino Doc Merlot
- Vallombrosa Brut Rosé, Spumante Svizzero
- Osè, Rosato Ticino Doc
- L’Osé d’Hiver, Rosato Ticino Doc
- Passo di Tambo, Ticino Doc Merlot
- Bianco di Tambo, Bianco di Merlot Ticino Doc
- ESPE N. 5, Bianco di Merlot Ticino Doc
- ESPE N. 6, “Il senza Merlot” Ticino Doc
- ESPE N. 7, Svizzera Italiana Igt
Mondial du Merlot 2021:
- Gold Medal Passo di Tambo 2020
- Silver Medal SanZeno Trentalune 2018
Grand Prix du Vin Suisse 2021:
- ESPE N. 6 2018
- Tenuta San Rocco – Porza 2018 and second place in Merlot category.
- Quattromani 2018 und first place in Merlot category (produced by Guido Brivio, Angelo Delea, Feliciano Gialdi and Claudio Tamborini together).
- Osé 2020
- Castelrotto 2018
- Comano 2018
Mondial du Merlot 2022:
- D.A. Doppio Appassimento 2018
- SanZeno Trentalune 2019
- Bianco di Tambo 2021
- ESPE N. 5 2021
- Terre di Gudo bianco 2021
- In addition, ESPE N. 5 2021 wins the Vinofed award and the prize for the best white wine in the competition.
- Train Taverne-Torricella, PostBus or Bus
- Possibility of visit the cellar by appointment from Monday to Saturday
Monday: 9.00 – 12.00 / 14.00 – 18.00
Tuesday: 9.00 – 12.00 / 14.00 – 18.00
Wednesday: 9.00 – 12.00 / 14.00 – 18.00
Thursday: 9.00 – 12.00 / 14.00 – 18.00
Friday: 9.00 – 12.00 / 14.00 – 18.00
Saturday: 9.00 – 16.00 (30.03 – 31.12)
- WINE AND CELLARS Wine cellars , Tasting sessions