DOWNLOAD THE FULL RECIPE HERE
- Combine the water, butter, sugar and salt and heat up to boiling point;
- Remove from the heat, add the flour and mix it in with a flat spatula;
- Place back on the heat and stir vigorously until the mixture has started to dry out and stops sticking to the sides of the pan;
- Remove from the heat again and leave to cool;
- Add the eggs one at a time while continuing to beat the mixture vigorously.
Cooking (option 1):
- Use a pastry bag to form the choux buns on an oven tray lined with greaseproof paper;
- Bake the choux buns in an oven preheated to 180 °C for approx. 20 minutes and then continue cooking for 10 minutes at 100 °C.
Cooking (option 2):
- Heat the oil in the fryer to 160–170 °C;
- Use two spoons to shape the mixture into individual buns;
- Fry the buns for a few minutes until they have turned golden brown.
- Pat the buns dry with kitchen towel and arrange them on a plate;
- Dust with icing sugar.
A typical traditional recipe from Ticino reworked by the SSSAT (Swiss Italian Tourism and Hotel Management School of Bellinzona).
- TYPICAL PRODUCTS Specialties