Plaques and Frescoes in Carena
C.P. 13, 6582 Pianezzo,
On 29 August 1939, just a few days before the outbreak of the Second World War, the Federal Council partially mobilised the Swiss army. One of the places the troops were sent was the Valle Morobbia, where they manned the Italian-Swiss border. The soldiers in the valley were from the 297th Battalion.
The presence of the army left its mark on the valley: in the memories of those who lived through...
|ARCHITECTURE||Ancient civil architecture, Contemporary architecture|