4860
Image 0 - Oratorio della Natività di Maria
Image 1 - Oratorio della Natività di Maria
Image 2 - Oratorio della Natività di Maria
Image 3 - Oratorio della Natività di Maria

Oratorio della Natività di Maria

The Oratory of the Nativity of Mary is located in Loderio, at the entrance to the Blenio Valley. The building, probably dating back to the end of the 16th century, was almost completely buried by a landslide (1868) and only in the years 1990-93 was it brought to light.

First of all, the construction had to be freed from the material that covered it; the actual architectural recovery was carried out by architect Ezio Monighetti. Ezio Monighetti of Biasca and has allowed to find again the small rectangular building with porch, sacristy and bell tower to sail. Inside, traces of early 17th century frescoes are still visible, including an Annunciation and a Crucifixion.