Discover differently the Magnifico Borgo, rich in history and culture.
At any time of the year you can organise a visit to Mendrisio to discover the historic Borgo, which tells of a past of great traditions. A visit to the historic centre and the Museo del Trasparente will allow you to discover the reasons that led UNESCO to approve the candidature of Mendrisio's Holy Week Processions and to include this living tradition in the Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage.
The visit to the Museo del Trasparente will introduce the discovery of this living tradition and of the painting technique used to create the large translucent paintings that are displayed during the Processions.
The guided tour accompanied by a professional guide lasts 2 hours and also includes a visit to the Museo del Trasparente.
Cost of the visit:
- CHF 170.- group rate for a maximum of 15 people
- Rates for individual participants (depending on the number of participants, the guide will confirm the visit and the cost):
- CHF 15.- p.p. with a minimum of 12 confirmed persons
- CHF 22.- p.p. with a minimum of 8 confirmed persons
- CHF 43.- p.p. with a minimum of 4 confirmed persons
The visit will also take place in the event of rain.
For those who wish to book only a guided tour of the Museo del Trasparente, the duration of the visit is 1 hour and the cost will be indicated on the basis of the number of participants.
Booking is compulsory by sending an e-mail to: [email protected]
- With notice more than 5 days before tour date: no penalty
- With notice 5 to 3 days before tour date: 50% of cost
- With notice less than 3 days before tour date: 100% of cost
All cancellations must be sent in writing.
Monday: 10:00 / 14:00
Tuesday: 10:00 / 14:00
Wednesday: 10:00 / 14:00
Thursday: 10:00 / 14:00
Friday: 10:00 / 14:00
Saturday: 10:00 / 14:00
Sunday: 10:00 / 14:00
- MUSEUMS Theme museums