Discover the 20th and 21st century architecture, which characterizes Lugano, embarking on a fascinating trip between our recent past and a present projected into the future.
The Ticino architectural tradition has its roots before the year 1000: the “maestri comacini, intelvesi and campionesi” were born in this region. This tradition was renewed over the centuries. Our walk through Lugano gives you the opportunity to discover some of the most interesting buildings built on the shores of Lake Lugano in the 20th and 21st century. From Chiattone to Vacchini, from Tami to Botta, to the local university (USI) Campus, our tour will show you a new Lugano: you’ll be able to admire it from a different perspective.
- Reservation required
- Groups over 8 pax not admitted. Max. 30 pax
- Tour organisation on request
- The guided tour will be held in the two prevalent languages
- The guide can decide to break off or cancel the excursion in case of bad weather
- Difficulty level / walking: easy
Prices and times:
Every Thursday from 10:00 to 12:00 (april - october)
Informations office, Ente Turistico del Luganese-Piazza Riforma
Thursday: 10:00 - 12:00