Our local traditions are practices passed down from generation to generation that give us a sense of identity. These are therefore to be considered part of our intangible cultural heritage. The Holy Week Processions in Mendrisio have even been included in the UNESCO list of intangible cultural heritage.
Below you will find the individual living traditions recognized in Ticino.
- Roof covering and repairs
- Fairs of Saint Martin and Saint Provino
- Historic militias of the Blenio Valley
- Historic processions in Mendrisio
- Chestnut farming, chestnuts and roast chestnut sellers
- Rabadan and carnival in Ticino
To find more details about traditions as well as more information, please visit the website of the Living traditions.