A tunnel inside the Robiei dam has been opened to the public to allow visitors to see from inside the installations that have profoundly changed the landscape of the Bavona Valley.
The dams are massive concrete structures that accumulate massive amounts of water in order to produce hydroelectric power.
This didactic trail explains the natural water cycle, the construction and the security systems of the dams and the transformation of the power of the water into electricity.
- The didactic trail is free of charge and open to the public from 08:30 to 16:00 (duration: about thirty minutes).
- The course is open from June to September (opening of the cable car San Carlo-Robièi).
- Ask for the key at Robiei Hotel.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Inside the dam there are 8 °C and high humidity, please dress appropriately.