2881
Image 0 - Chiesa di S. Martino
Image 1 - Chiesa di S. Martino
Image 2 - Chiesa di S. Martino
Image 3 - Chiesa di S. Martino
Image 4 - Chiesa di S. Martino

Chiesa di S. Martino

Description

Already mentioned in the thirteenth century, it was rebuilt between 1733 and 1740 with a single nave, with side chapels decorated with eighteenth-century stucco and frescoes. Carlo Biucchi executed those of the chapel of the Madonna del Carmine. 
On the church square, the Chapel of the Dead has a fresco by the same artist on the front, depicting the Resurrection of the Dead. It was recently restored by A. Balmelli.