4774
Image 0 - Chiesa di S. Giorgio
Image 1 - Chiesa di S. Giorgio
Image 2 - Chiesa di S. Giorgio
Image 3 - Chiesa di S. Giorgio
Image 4 - Chiesa di S. Giorgio
Image 5 - Chiesa di S. Giorgio

Chiesa di S. Giorgio

Description

Built in the 17th century on a pre-existing Romanesque church mentioned in 1210, the church of S. Giorgio preserves the magnificent six-storey bell tower of the original building. Under the external portico of the parish church there is an interesting representation of St. George, the dragon and the princess, the work of an anonymous painter located between the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries.


Inside, the stucco decorations and frescoes are from the Baroque period, while the fragment of the fresco next to the chapel of St. Charles with the Last Judgement is from the sixteenth century.