Valle Antabbia (Val Bavona)
Straddling the border with Italy in the Bavona Valley, the refuge is divided into two independent lodges, each featuring a kitchen and dormitory.
There are 37 beds in total, 21 in Capanna Vecchia and 14 in Capanna Nuova.
The huts are located on an Alpine pasture adjacent to a small brook, a little further uphill there are two lakes embedded in the rocks. From June to October the huts are temporarily manned, in July and August, there is a warden around the clock. The Alp can be accessed via two different trails in 3 1/2 to 5 hours.
Closed in winter.
Opening period, prices and other information: click here
Book here: HRS - Reservations (alpsonline.org)
- SIZE Number rooms: 3, Number of beds: 36
- LOCATION In the mountains , Panoramic view
- SERVICES Open in Winter , Guarded hut , Meals on request , Booking required , Breakfast service , Soft drinks sales
- FACILITIES Shower , Use of the kitchen area , Heating , Telephone
- VENUES Accommodation for groups