The stone walled and roofed hut is well insulated and heating is solar powered. It has a wood- and gas-fired kitchen with running water. The dormitories are equipped with mattresses and blankets in the old part of the hut; the new second floor offers the convenience of 35 modern beds.
Open from June to October
Access route from Sonogno 4 h (experienced hikers). from Prato Sornico via the “Bocchetta di Campala” and Soveltra hut.
Traverses to Alp Sponda across “passo Barone” (2582 m) 4 h, to Cógnora hut via “Passo Piatto” (experienced hikers) 5 h.
Excursions Lake Barone and Porchieirsc – descent to Prato Sornico via the “ bocchetta di Campala” and Soveltra hut (2323 m) VAV.
Climbs Pizzo Barone (hikers) – Pizzo Campioni – Pizzo Scinghino – Corona di Redorta – Pizzo Campala – Pizzo Madas.
Natural attractions Lake Barone and Porchieirsc
A large herd of ibexes, or wild mountain goats, has inhabited the area on and around the Pizzo Barone for several years.
- CHF 17.-- / EURO 14.-- adults (members of Swiss and foreign alpine clubs and associations)
- CHF 20.-- / EURO 16.-- adults (non-members of alpine clubs and associations)
- CHF 10.-- / EURO 8.-- youngsters aged 12-18
- NO CHARGE for children under 12
- CHF 3.-- / EURO 2,50 Gas and Wood
Bookings through the hut caretaker or online www.verzasca.net or Tenconi Luciano e Rosanna, 6632 Vogorno - tel. +41(0)91 745 28 87
- SIZE Number of beds: 35
- LOCATION In the mountains , Panoramic view
- FACILITIES Use of the kitchen area