The cabin at Alpe Canaa is located at the foot of Pizzo Cramalina, above Lodano, at an altitude of 1843 meters. It is the ideal base for exploring the natural wonders of Valle di Lodano and its forest reserve.
Canaa can be reached on foot from Lodano (Vallemaggia) or Gresso (Valle Onsernone):
- Lodano-Castello-Alpe Canaa: 4h 30’
- Lodano-Solada-Alpe Pii-Alpe Canaa: 4h 30’
- Gresso-Passo della Bassa-Alpe Canaa: 3h
as well as from Capanna Alzasca in 3h 45’.
Open from mid-May until the end of October, the cabin has 8-10 beds (with down comforters), a bathroom with shower, and a kitchen with beverages available to guests.
The cabin is unattended.
Pictures by Christian Ferrari, Giovanni Casari and Daniele Oberti.
- SIZE Number of beds: 16
- LOCATION In the mountains , Panoramic view
- SERVICES Soft drinks sales
- FACILITIES Shower , Use of the kitchen area , Mobile network , Heating