The cabin at Alpe Canaa is located at the foot of Pizzo Cramalina, above Lodano, at an altitude of 1843 meters. It is the ideal base for exploring the natural wonders of Valle di Lodano and its forest reserve.
Canaa can be reached on foot from Lodano (Vallemaggia) or Gresso (Valle Onsernone):
- Lodano-Castello-Alpe Canaa: 4h 30’
- Lodano-Solada-Alpe Pii-Alpe Canaa: 4h 30’
- Gresso-Passo della Bassa-Alpe Canaa: 3h
as well as from Capanna Alzasca in 3h 45’.
The cabin has 20 beds (with down comforters), a bathroom with shower. It is guarded a few weeks a year and offers the opportunity to cook if not guarded (inquire). Drinks and basic food are available (pasta, rice, …). Animals not allowed.
Opening period, prices and other information: click here
Book here: HRS - Reservations (alpsonline.org)
Pictures by Marco Volken.
- SIZE Number rooms: 3, Number of beds: 20
- LOCATION In the mountains , Panoramic view
- SERVICES Guarded hut , Booking required , Soft drinks sales
- FACILITIES Shower , Use of the kitchen area , Heating