The hut is situated on a terrace overlooking the upper part of the Val Piumogna and has 2 refectories for a total of 88 seats, 7 rooms, a pay shower and graphic panels inside the hut showing possible itineraries.
Ideal base for various excursions, crossings to other huts (Leit, Sponda), and fascinating climbs for example to the Pizzo Campo Tencia, which with its 3071 m is the highest peak entirely in Ticino, and which is also an important ski mountaineering route.
In the period January to March the region is a paradise for lovers of ice falls, with climbs ranging from 80 to 150 meters. This area is also suitable for alpinism courses for beginners and children. Several nature trails, including the lake of Morghirolo these routes are well described in the book published by CAS Ticino edited by Angelo Valsecchi entitled "Field Tencia, the mountain with the dirty stone".
In the area there are several climbing possibilities for children in the different "klettergarten" with routes of difficulty between the third and sixth.
Opening period, prices and other information: click here.
?????Information and reservations:
- Altitude 2140 m s / m
- During the summer season reservations only by phone (email are not read)
- Location: - Upper Val Piumogna (Leventina Valley) - CNS 1:25000 f. no. 1272 Campo Tencia - coordinates 699.430/144.480
- Hits: - From Dalpe (Leventina Valley) 2 h 30 min / 3 h - from Lake Tremorgio (reachable with the cableway from Rodi) 3 h 30 min. The path is suitable to all (also to families).
- Capacity: 70 beds (subdivided in rooms of 4/6/8/10/12/15 places.
- Kitchen: Hot meals served all day by the keeper.
- Specialties of the house: Tris of pasta, gnocchi, risotto with mixed herbs, bread cake, Polentanegra, pizzoccheri “Campo Tencia” and many other surprises.
- LOCATION Panoramic view
- SERVICES Animals allowed , Linens provided , Meals on request , Booking required , Restaurant , Breakfast service , Soft drinks sales
- FACILITIES Shower , Mobile network , Heating , Telephone
- VENUES Suitable for families , Accommodation for groups