Ca.Stella FARM - Camino Spinirolo is a modern, multifunctional and welcoming country home located in Spinirolo in Meride.
Our FARM is a social enterprise, which was created at the foot of Monte San Giorgio, in the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The rooms of Ca.Stella FARM have the names of our animals in respect of the rich and precious nature that surrounds us; every "human guest" will learn from the first days in the house to know the peculiarities and the character of every "animal guest", who lives in our FARM thanks to pet therapy activities, we organise for our guests.
The facility has both 5 magnificent, well-equipped rooms with built-in wardrobes and sinks, bunk beds and shared bathrooms, and 2 rooms with en-suite bathrooms for a total of 25 beds.
The property is the best place for schools (green or mountain weeks), associations, group of families and youth groups.
Opening period: all year around
1) Overnight stay and full board (price per person per night) CHF 60.- + TVA reduced promotional rate. Included in the offer:
- Mattress cover, pillow cover. Guests must bring: bed linen, sleeping bag or blanket, towels and personal hygiene products
- Meals included (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- 1 hour and 30 minutes of activities with our animals (pet therapy or animal-assisted activities)
2) Overnight stay (price per person per night without meals) CHF 40.- + TVA reduced promotional rate. Included in the offer
- Mattress cover, mattress cover sheet, pillow cover. Guests must bring: bed linen, sleeping bag or blanket, towels and personal hygiene products
- 1 hour and 30 minutes of activities with our animals (pet therapy or activities assisted with animals)
Near Ca.Stella-FARM, didactic paths offer a new interpretation of the geo-paleontological history of Monte San Giorgio. In the renovated Meride Fossil Museum, designed by architect Mario Botta, you can see and hear the history of reptiles dating back millions of years.
The village of Meride is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful in the Mendrisiotto. Other picturesque villages can be discovered by visiting the nearby Muggio Valley, where you can also visit the Ethnographic Museum located in Casa Cantoni in Cabbio. Another interesting museum is the museum of rural civilisation in Stabio. Various cultural proposals are available in Mendrisio (museums, churches, ...), where you can also find the Mendrisiotto’s Tourist Office, as well as a large shopping area.
For those who want a breath-taking panoramic view of the entire region, a climb up of Monte San Giorgio is recommended. Another fascinating view point is Monte Generoso, which can be reached from Capolago by rack railway or on foot from the Valle di Muggio or the Alpe di Mendrisio.
Nearby, Italy offers further opportunities for recreation, relaxation and cultural discovery: Como, with its beautiful lake, Milan with its imposing Cathedral and interesting historic centre (the metropolis can be reached in about one hour by train from Chiasso), Varese and Lake Ceresio.
Highway A2 Chiasso-Lugano-Bellinzona: exit Stabio-Varese, then continue for a short distance on the clearway to Stabio and exit at Rancate; from there continue on the cantonal road in the direction of Arzo/Serpiano.
By train: Gotthard line to Mendrisio railway station; from Mendrisio, take the postbus in the direction of Meride (Meride stop).
Ca. Stella FARM, educational trails, Monte San Giorgio (UNESCO World Cultural Heritage), Fossil Museum in Meride, Arzo, Mendrisio, Monte Generoso railway, Valle di Muggio, Italy.
- SIZE Number rooms: 7, Number of beds: 25
- LOCATION A few minutes from the lake and river , On the hill , In the mountains , Quiet , Close to the bus stop , Panoramic view
- SERVICES Animals allowed , Open in Winter , Meals on request , Breakfast service
- VENUES Suitable for families , Garden , Leisure area , Historical monument , Private parking
- FACILITIES Bathroom , Rooms with private bathroom , Shower , free Wi-Fi , Use of the kitchen area , Telephone