Welcome to la Peonia, the pearl of Monte Generoso
This small hotel at 1,100 metres above sea level is strategically located:
- a 9-km mountain road leads to Mendrisio, the closest town;
- a 10-minute walk takes you to Bellavista station. A cogwheel railway connects Capolago - stazione (at 273 m) to la Vetta, the peak of Monte Generoso (1,704 m)
- a 90-minute hike takes you to la Vetta, where the spectacular Fiore di Pietra (Stone Flower) , a tourist establishment designed by the world-famous Ticinese architect Mario Botta, welcomes you;
- a 2-hour walk takes you to La grotta dell'orso (Bear's Cave), on the Italian side;
From there you can go on several different hikes, suitable for families as well as more experienced hikers.
Families with kids will appreciate the wonderful playground surrounding the building. The equipment is mostly made of wood, coming from the nearby trees.
Partner Ticino Ticket
Overnighting here you receive the Ticino Ticket which includes free public transport in the entire Canton, every single day of your stay. It further offers advantages on the access to cable cars, navigations and main tourist attractions of the Ticino.
- SIZE Number rooms: 6, Number of beds: 12
- LOCATION In the mountains , Quiet
- SERVICES Main credit cards accepted , Animals allowed , Open in Winter , Bike Friendly , Restaurant , Shuttle Service
- SPORTS AND WELLBEING Suitable for cyclists
- VENUES Suitable for nature lovers , Suitable for families , Suitable for motorcyclists , Accommodation for groups , Garden , Private parking , Public parking , Meeting room
- FACILITIES Bathroom , Rooms with private bathroom , Shower , free Wi-Fi