Hotel Splendide Royal is the ideal place for exploring Ticino. With its more than 130 years of history making it one of the oldest hotels in Ticino, the Splendide has a charm suspended between past and future, underlined by the Mediterranean Riviera atmosphere with touches of art nouveau, and by its natural calling to the "Dolce Vita". Tradition and contemporary spirit come together here for a unique hospitality experience.
A historic building of the Belle Epoque overlooking the lake, it offers a privileged view over Ceresio. Particular attention is paid to the little things, which make a holiday or stay here unforgettable. Starting from the kitchen: the gastronomic restaurant I Due Sud (16 GaultMillau points and one Michelin star) is the hotel's jewel, thanks to the inspiration and professionalism of Chef Domenico Ruberto. Hospitality and skill are guaranteed in the dining room by Simone Ragusa, already named the Best Sommelier in Switzerland.
The kitchen is the all-around protagonist, starting in the morning with breakfasts full of zero-kilometre products, passing through to the Mediterranean flavours of Ristorante La Veranda (14 points GM), followed by a cocktail on the terrace as an aperitif, up to dinners overlooking the lake.
The Splendide Lifestyle Spa is an oasis of well-being, thanks to its swimming pool with the comforts of a lounge and the view of a terrace, customised wellness pampering and Biologique Recherche Paris. With the addition of the wellness offer, Hotel Splendide Royal - a historic member of The Leading Hotels of the World and the Swiss Deluxe Hotels - is transformed into an urban resort where every season has its own reason.
Partner Ticino Ticket
Overnighting here you receive the Ticino Ticket which includes free public transport in the entire Canton, every single day of your stay. It further offers advantages on the access to cable cars, navigations and main tourist attractions of the Ticino.
- SIZE Number rooms: 93, Number of beds: 176
- ASSOCIATIONS AND CATEGORIES Hotelleriesuisse
- HOTELLERIESUISSE Quality label QQQ
- LOCATION Central , Lakeside , Close to Lugano Airport , Close to the bus stop , Close to the railway station , View on the lake , Panoramic view
- SERVICES Main credit cards accepted , Animals allowed , Open in Winter , Bar - Snack bar , Restaurant , Shuttle Service
- SPORTS AND WELLBEING Indoor pool , Sauna , Wellness
- VENUES Suitable for families , Lift , Private garage , Garden , Historical monument , Private parking , Meeting room , Suitable for conferences, seminars (technical equipment on request) and banquets
- FACILITIES Air conditioning , Bathroom , Rooms with private bathroom , Shower , free Wi-Fi , Minibar , Telephone , TV