The Lake Lugano Crossing is a popular non-competitive swim over on a distance of 2,500 meters organized by the Association “Traversata del Lago di Lugano”.
The event takes place on the traditional course starting from Caprino and finishing at the Lido of Lugano, crossing the 46th parallel North.
The Crossing, now in its 91th year, will take place on Sunday, August 20, 2023.
Swimmers in good health from the age of 14 years old respectively 12 years old if in possession of a competitive license who swim under their own responsibility and have personal insurance may participate.
- 7:30 am – 9:00 am: registration meeting and material pickup at Conza Pavilion
- 8:30 am – 9:00 am: late registration (not guaranteed) at Conza Pavilion
- 9:15 am: departure with 2 SNLL boats in the direction of Caprino
- 10:00 am: departure of the crossing from Caprino to the Lido di Lugano
- 10:35 am approx: first arrivals at Lido di Lugano, maximum time 2 hours (last arrivals 12:00 pm)
- 12:00 pm: pastaparty (macaroni with meat sauce) outside Lido di Lugano
- Online registration: from CHF 25.- to CHF 40.-
- On-site registration (subject to availability and cash): CHF 40.-
- Online at www.traversatalagolugano.ch or www.endu.net
- OPENING Sun: 08:00 – 15:00
- CATEGORIES Sports events , Get-togethers