The 2022–2023 musical season organised by the Parish of S. Maria degli Angioli and the Diocese of Lugano, with the support of the Associazione Bernardino Luini, opens at the beginning of September.
The programme is divided into seven parts:
- the Organ Vespers
- the season of Spiritual Concerts, animated by internationally renowned soloists and the professors of the Orchestra della Svizzera italiana
- three Sundays with Jean-Marie Leclair, complete performance of the 6 Sonatas op. 12 for two violins by Jean-Marie Leclair (1697–1764), works entrusted to OSI professors Ekaterina Valiulina and Hans Liviabella
- three Sundays with Benedetto Marcello, complete performance of the Six Sonatas for cello/bassoon and basso continuo by Benedetto Marcello (1686–1739), works entrusted to cellist Felix Vogelsang and bassoonists Alberto Biano and Enrico Bassi, OSI professors and renowned soloists
- three Sundays with Vanessa Russell, a cycle of three musical encounters with the talented Canadian musician Vanessa Hunt Russell, titular cello player at the OSI, but also a Baroque cello specialist and winner of international competitions
- the complete organ works of Johannes Brahms
- the Choral Marathon, which we will repeat in 2023, after the success of the first edition
With the new season, the events will no longer be held only in the churches of S. Maria degli Angioli and S. Maria di Loreto, as usual, but will also involve Lugano Cathedral and, for the Choral Marathon, the churches of S. Rocco, S. Antonio and S. Carlo.
- CATEGORIES Classical music