Sconfinare Festival 2023: from 12 October to 15 October, the fourth edition of the cultural festival by the City of Bellinzona will take place between culture and science
From the searing topicality of the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, observed through the lens of a war reporter such as Nello Scavo, to the remote events of ancient history, analysed by Eva Cantarella from the perspective of the great (but often unknown) female figures who have marked it; from the tormented relationship with the past experienced by the protagonists of Walter Siti's novels, to Amedeo Balbi's reflections on the future of humanity outside planet Earth: Sconfinare Festival 2023 will prompt the audience to question their relationship with time and, in particular, the role that temporal boundaries play in our individual and collective lives.
What meaning does the concept of time take on today? What relationship do we build with the past and with collective history and, vice versa, how do we deal with the future? Where is the boundary between history and memory? And between tradition and innovation - in mentality, in thought, in science, in the arts? With a keen eye on the theme of temporal borders, Sconfinare Festival 2023 will invite the public to reflect on some of the great questions of our lives. From Thursday 12 to Sunday 15 October, the iconic transparent marquee in Piazza del Sole will once again light up with fifteen unprecedented events: lectures, film screenings, workshops, shows and concerts will accompany the public in a four-day cultural event.
The programme in brief:
- 7.00 p.m. "Singing the time gone by" - Francesco Guccini with Marco Aime
- 1.30 p.m. "Sconfinare per le scuole" (Crossing the line for schools)
- 9.00 p.m. "Fellini" - Performance by Teatro Blu and Kataklò Athletic Dance Theatre
- 10.00 a.m. "Nello Scavo and Eleonora Tafuro Ambrosetti" - Anatomy of a conflict: Ukraine one and a half years later
- 11.30 a.m. "Eva Cantarella" - The Boundaries of the Feminine
- 2.00 p.m. "Amedeo Balbi" - Is there a future for humanity outside the Earth
- 3.30 p.m. "Donatella di cesare" - Denying History
- 5.00 p.m. "Walter Siti and Gianluigi Simonetti" - The Old and the Young
- 6.30 p.m. "Azzurra Rinaldi" - Ladies do not talk about money
- 9 pm "Vox Blenii in concert" - In the furrow of time, across countries and borders
- 11.00 a.m. "Inactual Photographs" - Meeting with Massimiliano Tappari
- 1.30 p.m. "The life of the Alpine man between past and present" - Meeting with Pietro Fontana
- 3.30 p.m. "The time machine" - Film projection
- 6 p.m. "Giorgio Orelli Prize - Award ceremony and poetry readings
- 8.45 p.m. "The End of Time by Peter Mettler" - Film projection
All scheduled events will take place on the Piazza del Sole in Bellinzona, inside the transparent marquee of the Sconfinare Festival.
Admission tickets for the events can be purchased from today at www.sconfinarefestival.ch. On the same site you can reserve your seat for the events with free admission.
The complete programme of Sconfinare Festival 2023 can be found at www.sconfinarefestival.ch and on Facebook and Instagram channels @sconfinarefestival.
- CATEGORIES Cinema