Johann Sebastian Bach
- Musical Offering, BWV 1079
- Sinfonia from the Cantata in B minor, BWV 209 Non sa che sia dolore
- Concerto for 2 harpsichords and orchestra in C minor, BWV 1062
Listening to Ton Koopman talk about Johann Sebastian Bach's music, it is hard not to be won over by his enthusiasm, by the excitement of a Maestro who still finds the same irrepressible joy in the repertoire he has worked on all his life.
And after all, it is impossible not to be enchanted when he conducts this music at the head of the Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra, which he founded in 1979 to delve into the Baroque repertoire of which Bach is the summit. On the one hand, there is the philological attention of a performance that considers the historical context, on the other, the lightness and passion with which some of the greatest masterpieces are delivered back to the public.
The programme brings together some of the greatest examples of Bach's musical genius, from the extraordinary fourteen sonatas, canons and fugues included in the Musical Offering to two pieces requiring great technical and expressive virtuosity from the harpsichordist.
- From CHF 13.20.– to CHF 77.–
- OPENING Tue: 20:30 – 22:30
- CATEGORIES Music , Classical music