DOWNLOAD THE FULL RECIPE HERE
- Marinate the venison for 24 hours with 1.5 litres of wine, 5 red onions, 5 carrots, 5 celery ribs, 10 juniper berries and 10 pepper berries, add a few rosemary leaves, bay leaves and sage;
- After 24 hours, drain the deer and deprive it of all the aromas, which will be thrown away, then dab it with a clean cloth;
- In the meantime, prepare the remaining coarsely chopped onion, a very abundant aromatic bunch and start to sauté the onion, then put plenty of evo oil, juniper, pepper and aromatic bunch in a saucepan;
- When the oil starts to heat up, start to brown the meat little by little (this is a fundamental step for the success of the dish) every single piece of meat must be browned so that it can stand the cooking and does not crumble!
- Once browned, add the onion, a few pieces of butter (about 200 g) and simmer with the remaining red wine. Once the alcohol has evaporated, add salt to make the dish tasty. At this point let it cook on a very low heat for about 1 hour. I do not add any broth or brown stock, I let it cook only with red wine.
For the polenta:
- Boil the water, as soon as it has reached temperature, pour the salt, let it dissolve for a few moments, then pour the polenta and continue stirring from time to time for about 1 hour!
A recipe by Sara Pieretti, chef at the Grotto Grassi in Tremona.
- TYPICAL PRODUCTS Specialties