On the mountain above the village of Osogna stands the chapel of Santa Maria Addolorata, of sixteenth-century origin. The building with its quadrangular choir was enlarged in 1699 and 1729.
Inside there is a remarkable Baroque wooden altar, sculpted and gilded, with twisted columns and an altarpiece depicting the Pieta by Franz Josef Kraus (1706). The frontal in scagliola is by Francesco Solari di Verna (1730).
On the left wall of the choir, the fresco framed by wooden sculptures in the shape of acanthus leaf reproduces the votive picture of the Pieta of Cannobio.