2858
Image 0 - Oratorio di S. Bernardino

Oratorio di S. Bernardino

Description

The oratory of S. Bernardino is a construction of the late sixteenth century and on the facade has an inscription with two dates: 1459 and 1595. Archaeological investigations have revealed that its origins, however, date back to the thirteenth century.

On the altar there is a astile cross in gilded copper (cm. 60) dated 1594, an example of goldsmith's art of origin and Nordic workmanship: the background is engraved with arabesques and decorated with coloured stones, the Crucifix is in bronze, the ends of the arms end in the shape of a lily.