The Pinacoteca Casa Rusca is located in a restored building from the 18th century and was inaugurated in 1987. It is home to Locarno's art collections, which are displayed in temporary exhibitions.
The Pinacoteca Casa Rusca houses the following art collections:
- the donation Jean and Marguerite Arp, which contains paintings and sculptures of Jean Arp, his contemporaries and friends
- the legacy of Nesto Jacometti, paintings and engravings of approximately 150 artists involved in Oeuvre-Gravée (School of Paris, 1920-1970)
- the donation Giovanni Bianconi (1891-1981), xylographies (woodcuts) and 274 wood art pieces
- the donation Rudolf Mumprecht, the entire artwork is engraved on copper
- the donation Emilio Maria Beretta (1907-1974)
- the donation Rosalda gilardi Bernocco (1922-1999)
- the great collection of paintings by Filippo Franzoni (1857-1911), submitted by the foundation of the same name and currently exhibited at Casorella
In the spaces of the Art Gallery temporary exhibitions are staged regularly and display artworks by Swiss artists and artists from abroad. During exhibition changeover periods the Gallery is closed to the public. Reopening scheduled for September 8th with the exhibition of Sandro Chia.
Opening hours (from Spring 2018):
Tuesday - Sunday 10.00h - 12.00h / 14.00h - 17.00h
Adults CHF 12.00
AVS and domicilied in Locarno CHF 10.00
Students with more than 16 years, groups AVS/AI CHF 6.00
Groups (min. 10 persons) CHF 10.00
Schools, students til 16 years, Card Raiffeisen, Museum Pass, ICOM/AMS: Free admission
Cultural Pass Locarno: ticket for Casa Rusca - Ghisla Art Collection
Welcome Card Ascona Locarno: remise de 20%
Guided tours by appointment (min. 10 people).
Prices: entry CHF 6.00 pp., and CHF 150.00 for the ide (min. 10 persons).
- MUSEUMS Art museums , Ethnographic museums