The church of Negrentino is one of the most interesting in the canton. Its enchanting location, Romanesque architecture and rich pictorial decoration make it unique.
This Romanesque church is located high above the village of Prugiasco. Built in the 11th century, it was originally dedicated to St. Ambrosius. In the interior, Romanesque and Late Gothic frescoes can be admired. The bell dating from 1676 broke several years ago, but it was subsequently restored and has been ringing since December 7, 2008, the Day of St. Ambrosius.
The keys to the church of Negrentino are available at the following points:
- Ristorante Stazione, Acquarossa
- Ristorante Rubino, Acquarossa
- Ristorante Valsole, Acquarossa
- Aurelio Dell'Oro, Negrentino-Prugiasco (tel. +41 91 871 11 76)
- Il Larice, Leontica
- Bellinzonese e Alto Ticino Turismo, Infopoint Valle di Blenio, Olivone