2861
Image 0 - Chiesa di S. Michele

Chiesa di S. Michele

The parish church of St. Michael, already attested in 1210, was rebuilt in the Baroque period. 
Inside, the choir and the chapel of the Madonna del Carmine are decorated with elegant gilded stuccoes from the eighteenth century; in the niche on the altar, there is a silver gilded wooden Madonna painted in the seventeenth-eighteenth centuries.
In a side chapel there is a wooden altar with doors, a Nordic work from 1517. 
The presbytery, rebuilt in 1969 according to the post-conciliar regulations, has an altar in bronze and serpentine, by the sculptor Remo Rossi of Locarno.